May 1959. Almost the last Summer of the all-male College. Much of the Victorian detail survives, but the ivy has not reappeared or been replaced.
May 1959. Men stroll past the 1930 three-classroom block, also called the #Lecture Loggia’ west of the main building where the Herbert Jerman Building now stands.
c 1976, two Art students leading a group on the Terrace provide a contrast with their predecessors in 1959. The Herbert Jarman building, just visible beyond, come into use in September 1963.
From 1960 to 1980 change was rapid not only in student gender and appearance, contrasting with the many ex-National servicemen of the 1950s, but also in the main building now shorn of almost all its architectural roof details.